Ziyan Long 龙梓焱
Michigan State University (September 2012 - September 2017) BS in Computer Science
HSBC Software Development Limited, as senior Java backend developer
Mar 2019 - Present
- Worked with an agile team of 9 developers, prioritizing features requests to ensure that the most crucial features were worked on first.
- Optimized performance of Oracle database queries, therefore it contributes to solving some timeout issues and reducing the response time. -Fixed defects, made performance tuning for legacy IBM OSGI-based banking system. -Refactored the IBM Liberty legacy code and moved to Spring Cloud. In the future, the Spring Cloud project would gradually replace the legacy.
- Analyzed requirements and implemented new features in banking and insurance system.
- Used Kubernetes as everyday tool to manage and monitor multiple instances.
- Developed internal tool for checking audit log easily rather than direct checking database via queries. Worked with another teammate to build the Java Spring Cloud back-end and implemented the whole front-end part by myself.
- Trained six new joiners to familiar with our development related knowledges and catch up with the schedule within a week.
Logiwork Inc., as frontend developer
Dec 2017 - Sep 2018
- Developed the product display pages and internal system for staffs using React+Redux.
- Deployed the web application to Alibaba Cloud (continental use) and Amazon AWS (international use).
Mozilla Capstone, as software developer(internship)
Jan 2017 - Jul 2017
- Reorganized content in preferences page and improved user interface and user experience in navigating the content by restructuring XUL code base.
- Created a search bar in preferences page and implemented search functionality to find and highlight content through the use of keywords by page scraping to parse the DOM nodes.
- Programming Language:
- Object-oriented programming using: Java, Python, C/C++, PHP
- relational database: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- NoSQL database: MongoDB
- Kubernetes, Dockers
- Jenkins, Sonar